A lot going on this week. We added another 160 feet of electronet to the chicken yard for a total of 320 feet of fence. This way they have more shaded area and lots of new ground, weeds, extra bug territory etc. When I looked out at them the area just didn't seem big enough for them now that they have grown so much and it was getting pretty worn down. Now it goes way way back and it is wider at the front.
Recently in my last post I mentioned opening up the back of the coop to let more air flow through. This is what it looks like now. We used hardware cloth. The tarp keeps the rain out. We have had a lot of rain. It hasn't smelled badly in there since we did that even on a really hot day, try 95 degrees F in May.